Steamed Pears In Honey
When I saw this recipe in "Regional Chinese Cooking" cook book, I thought back to pears in red wine. I wanted to try out this recipe as well as I wanted to know whether pears stewed in brandy and honey will be as good as pears in red wine. This version is not spicy at all since no spices are involved. Obviously, this is milder than pears in red wine but that does not mean it is less tasty. Each has its own flavour.
If you like liquor, you will like this.
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp brandy ( or any liquor of your choice )
1. Peel pears, leaving the stalks.
2. Stand pears in a saucepan and add some water, to just cover.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Pour away half of the water. Then sprinkle sugar and simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Add honey and liquor to the reserved liquid and stir well.
6. Refrigerate pears and honey-liquor liquid.
7. To serve, place pears in individual dessert bowls and pour some honey-liquor over it.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring bakers #38 : Boozy-licious! (December 2013)
hosted by Jasline of Foodie baker