Marie Prawn Fritters 发财笑哈哈
Recipe source : Family recipe
The Cantonese loves having a prawn dish for their reunion dinner as the word for prawn 虾 or "ha" in Cantonese, rhymes with "laughter" or "merriment".
250g large prawns, remove shells leaving the tails intact
500ml oil for deep frying
Marinade For Prawns
1 tsp salt
a dash of pepper
1 egg white
Ingredients For the Batter
100g Marie biscuits, finely ground
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tbsp rice flour
A packet of Marie biscuits
1. Mix the batter ingredients together and stir to blend well to form a batter.
2. Marinate the prawns with the prawn marinate for about 30 minutes.
3. Add the prawns and marinade into the batter and mix thoroughly.
4 Heat oil in a wok until hot then reduce to medium flame.
5. Dip the batter coated prawns into the hot oil.
6. Deep-fry on both sides until golden brown .
7. Place on kitchen towels to absorb excess oil.
8. Transfer to a plate and garnish with cucumber and tomatoes ( optional )
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover