Cookies : Seaweed Crispies
Recipe source : Lily's Wai Sek Hong
These crackers are very crispy. One piece is usually not enough as they can be highly addictive once you start nibbling them.
I made lots of these for Chinese New Year. Wash them down with hot Chinese tea. They go equally well with cold beer.
10 pieces seaweed /nori sheets
20 sheets spring roll wrappers
2 egg whites, lightly beaten with 1/2 tsp salt for glazing
Oil for deep frying
1. Lay a piece of spring roll wrapper on the table.
2. Brush with egg glaze.
3. Place a sheet of seaweed on top of the spring roll wrapper.
4. Brush another piece of spring roll wrapper and use this to place it on top of the other piece, sandwiching the seaweed in between two spring roll wrappers.
5. Cut into pieces of 2 inches by 1 inch rectangles.
6. Fry the rectangular pieces in hot oil until golden.
7. Drain on kitchen towels.
8. Store in air-tight containers.
I am linking this post to My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies Jan/Feb 2015
Hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well In Flanders
and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House
I am also linking this post to Cook and Celebrate CNY : 2015
Diana of Domestic Goddess Wannabe