Tuesday 9 December 2014

Watercress Soup 西洋菜汤

Watercress Soup 西洋菜汤


Recipe source :  Doris Choo @ Sumptuous Flavours

I decided to boil this for my family.  I like to drink this watercress soup which is served by the vendor selling mixed vegetarian rice near my office. I took note of the ingredients they used and made some adjustments of my own.

This is the first time I boil savoury soup without any meat. Being so used to having meat in soups, I was initially very worried that this concoction may not turn out well. As the soup was boiling, I have to keep reminding myself that the meatless soup served at the vegetarian outlets tastes wonderful, so mine would taste superb too!

I am so happy that this combination of ingredients blended beautifully to make the soup so clear and sweet.  A sweetness that is so natural and pleasing to the palate.  I just love the aroma of the mushroom stems in the soup. 

This soup is full of natural goodness! It is fat-free. It does not contain any monosodium glutamate. It's very nice!

And watercress is good for clearing heat from our bodies.

Ingredients


150g soy beans ( soaked for 2 to 3 hours )
50g mushroom stems
50g red dates, roughly chopped
50g dried chestnuts ( soaked overnight )
300g watercress
2500ml water
 

Method


1.  Place the first four ingredients into a large pot and add in 2500ml water.
2.  Bring to a boil over high heat.
3.  Reduce fire to low and allow soup to simmer for 2 hours or until the beans and chestnuts are soft.
4.  Add in watercress and continue to boil for a further 30 minutes.
5.  Add salt to taste. 

Fat-free and meatless
Very nice!


1 comment:

  1. REAL CURE ON HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS AND HIV some times we just need to give a try to herbal Medicine to see for our self. I am very happy today that i do not listen to what people say if not i would have been a dead woman by now. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2017, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the office thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, HIV, HPV and many more disease and she gave me his email, so i mail him. Doc. Chukwu madu told me all the things I need to do and send me the herbal medicine through courier delivering service and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after 2 weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished and blister dried off . I went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. Dr.Chukwu madu is real and he is the solution to herpes virus. so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him via his personal email. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com (call or whatsapp +2347030936239 according to this great DR he can also cure HIV, ALS,CANCER, COLD SORE, HPV AND DIABETES

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...