Savoury Vegetarian Rice 斋饭
Recipe source : Doris @ Sumptuous Flavours
I adapted my recipe for long bean rice to make a vegetarian version of it.
I cooked this to share with my fellow practitioners in a meditation group who are mostly vegetarians. We meet at least once a week and after group practice we share the different varieties of food others have brought along as well. We enjoy the pot-luck and the camaraderie among friends.
My friends enjoyed this vegetarian rice and said it is very fragrant. I thought I would post it here to share as well.
4 stalks of snake beans or long beans, cut into small pieces
100g mushrooms, soaked until soft and cut into small cubes
1 carrot, cut into small cubes
2 tsp salt
4 tsp vegetarian oyster sauce
4 tbsp cooking oil
Carrots and snake beans
Marinated mushrooms cubes
1. Marinate mushrooms with 2 tsp sugar, 2 tsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp cooking oil. Set aside for later use.
2. Wash rice and drain dry.
3. Heat wok with 4 tbsp cooking oil until very hot.
4. Add in the marinated mushrooms and stir-fry over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add in snake beans and carrot. Stir-fry well.
6. Add in rice and fry briskly for 1 minute to mix everything evenly.
7. Scoop out all ingredients and transfer them into the inner pot of an electrical rice cooker.
8. Add in salt, oyster sauce and water.
9. Auto -cook until done.
10. Use a pair of wooden chopsticks to fluff out the rice grains.