Long Bean Rice 长豆饭
250g rice, washed and drained
300g long beans, cut into tiny pieces
160g pork, cut into cubes
50g dried scallops
3 pieces dried mushrooms
3 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp salt
Cut long beans into small pieces
Rice - washed and drained
Pork - cut into cubes
Dried scallops, soaked and shredded into pieces
Dried mushrooms - soaked and cut into cubes
Long beans - stir-fried in hot oil for 2 minutes
1. Wash the rice and drain them in a colander
2. Heat wok, add in 1 tbsp oil and stir-fry the long beans at high heat for 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same wok, add 2 tbsp cooking oil.
4. Saute the minced garlic until fragrant.
5. Add mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes, then add in the pork cubes and fry until the colour changes to whitish.
6. Add the rice and stir-fry to mix all ingredients evenly.
7. Scoop up the rice mixture and put them into an electric rice cooker.
8. Add in the oyster sauce, shredded scallops, salt and water. Stir to mix well.
9. Switch on the electricity and let it auto-cook on its own until the water is almost dry.
10.Then add in the long beans into the nearly cooked rice and let it auto-cook until done.