Buttery Lemon Parsley Noodles (Ree Drummond)
Recipe source : Ree Drummond
I used egg noodles to make this dish instead of pasta. It is very smooth and buttery with a tinge of sourish taste from the lemon. The chopped parsley complimented and enhanced the flavour of the noodles.
The flavour is very unique. Perhaps it is because I am more accustomed to Chinese and Asian cooking. I guess it is more suitable for people who like Western food.
Nevertheless, it was a very pleasant change from my routine and broadens my exposure to different ways of cooking and different cultures as I blog along happily.
Now, I suddenly crave for a glass of wine to go with this!
120g egg noodles
2 tbsp butter
2 stalks parsley, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
zest from 1/4 of lemon
salt to taste
dash of pepper
Parsley and lemon
Some home-made egg noodles
1. Blanch egg noodles in boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside,
2. Melt butter in a wok over medium heat. Throw in the blanched egg noodles and cook for a minute or two.
3. Add lemon juice and lemon zest. Then add in the chopped parsley.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Toss to mix everything together.
6. Dish up and serve immediately.