Coconut Chilli Fried Fish
Recipe source : Srilankans.com.au
The original recipe used fish slices. I chose to use a whole red tilapia. I always prefer a whole fish than fish slices. It's a matter of preference. It turned out fine. It was very crispy and very fragrant with so much spices used.
1 whole tilapia ( original recipe used 6 slices of white fish )
1/4 cup grated coconut
1 tsp fennel seed
2 small onions
1 tsp turmeric powder
3 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 sprig curry leaves
Oil for frying
1. Clean the fish well and keep aside.
2. Crush 1 tsp of fennel seeds and keep aside.
3. Chop the onions and grated coconut. Mix into a paste.
4. Add in the spices, salt and curry leaves.
5. Marinate the fish with this spice paste and leave the fish in the refrigerator for half an hour.
6. Heat 3 to 4 tbsp oil in a wok and fry the fish until fragrant and crispy.
Rub the spice paste onto the fish and allow to marinate for half an hour
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest : Indian Subcontinent
Hosted by Alvin of Chef and Sommelier