Sunday, 22 March 2015

Kuih Kodok ( Mashed Banana Fritters )

Kuih Kodok ( Mashed Banana Fritters )


Recipe source :  Amy Beh

Kuih kodok is among the favourite choices during tea-breaks at my office. For RM1-00 we can get eight pieces of kuih kodok. They are literally "hot" favourites as people queue up to wait as the vendor keeps stirring and frying the kuih kodok in her big wok.

They are cheap and tasty. However, it gives me a pure sense of satisfaction and accomplishment each time I am able to make some tasty tidbits on my own, with reasonable success. 

Ingredients


150g (net weight) ripe bananas
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
5 tbsp self-raising flour
1 tbsp rice flour
1 tbsp Quaker oats
A pinch of bicarbonate of soda

Enough oil to fry the banana fritters

 

Method


1.  Mash banana with a fork.
2.  Mix in all the ingredients to combine into a batter.
3.  Heat wok with enough oil on medium heat.
4.  Spoon 1 tsp of batter into hot oil and fry until golden.
5.  Remove and drain on several layers of kitchen towels.





I am linking this post to Little Thumbs Up ( March 2015 - Banana )



This event is hosted by Faeez  ( BitterSweet Spicy )
Organised by Zoe ( Bake For Happy Kids )


4 comments:

  1. Hi Doris,

    I can't imagine paying RM1 for 8 kuih kodok... Can't imagine that these nostalgic treats are still so cheap these days...

    However, I think your kuih kodok is the priceless kind... They are freshly made with love :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thie cucuk kodok is my favourite.. Simple and nice. Let me try again this kueh and will add quaker oats. I think must b nice : ) : )

    This month BREE # 7 March tittle is " My Favourite Traditional Kueh " . Welcome to join & link to this event.
    Thanks for sharing ~

    Our ref : http://xucaca-life.blogspot.com/2015/03/ondeh-ondeh-march-2015-my-favourite.html?utm_source=BP_recent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I also tried making Mashed Banana Fritters at home. It was a complete success as the taste was really good. I followed the online cooking recipes for making it. Now I am thinking to learn cooking using these cooking videos!

    ReplyDelete

  4. very nice food blog! its so mouth watering! thanks for the step by step recipe!chowringhee satyaniketan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...