Mooncake : Honey Dew Melon Jelly Mooncake 燕菜密瓜月饼
Recipe source : Flavours magazine
I am encouraged by my few successful attempts at making jelly mooncakes. I am eager to try more recipes as I find these jelly mooncakes very pretty. They make great desserts and they are very tasty and refreshing.
Honey Dew Filling
100g honey dew puree
1/2 cup water
2 tsp agar-agar powder
1 tbsp condensed milk
1/8 tsp green colouring
8 jelly egg yolks ( My post on Cendol Jelly Mooncake showed how to make jelly egg yolks )
1. In a pot, bring the first 4 ingredients to the boil. Switch off the fire and add condensed milk and colouring.
2. Pour into tart moulds or muffin pans.
3. Please visit my post Cendol Jelly Mooncake for a step-by-step guide on making the filling.
Yellow Jelly Skin
3 1/2 cups water
4 pandan (screw-pine) leaves, knotted
5 tsp agar-agar powder
2 tbsp condensed milk
1/2 cup thick coconut milk
1/2 tsp yellow colouring
1. Bring the first 4 ingredients to the boil.
2. Add in the next 3 items and once it starts to boil again, switch off the flame.
Assembling the Mooncake
For a step-by-step guide on assembling the jelly mooncake, please visit my previous posts on Cendol Jelly Mooncake and Mango Jelly Mooncake
The concept of assembling the jelly mooncake is the same.
I am linking this post to Cook-Your-Books #3
Organized by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours