Friday, 24 October 2014

Egg & Wine Chicken 蛋酒鸡

Egg & Wine Chicken 蛋酒鸡


Recipe source :  Y3K Magazine, Issue No. 54, 5/6 - 2010

I have been chilled to the bones due to the incessant rain which had cooled the temperatures considerably.  I need to cook some food to warm me up and to boost up my energy level. I flipped through my cookbooks and decided to cook egg and wine chicken which is warming and is good for blood circulation too. 

This dish is suitable for confinement ladies as well. However, for confinement ladies, I would suggest that you use mature ginger.


Ingredients


1 chicken whole leg, chopped into pieces
100g young ginger, shredded
175ml ginger wine
3 tbsp sesame oil
3 eggs, lighten beaten
100ml water
1 tsp salt



Method


1.  Dry-fry ginger shreds till dry. 
2.  Add in sesame oil to saute until fragrant and remove one third of the fried ginger shreds. Set aside.
3.  Pour in lightly beaten eggs. Cook until set. Dish up and set aside.
4.  Saute the remaining one third of ginger shreds with chicken pieces and fry until the colour changes.
5.  Pour in 100ml water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
6.  Add in fried eggs, wine and salt. Continue to cook for 3 minutes or until almost dry.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Doris,
    This looks so, so good! Nourishing and delicious! I hope you are feeling so much better by now, especially after a bowl of this delicious hot soup! Yums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce, I have fully recovered. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...