Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Angel Hair Pasta

Angel Hair Pasta


Recipe source :  Adapted from Flavours Magazine, No. 40, Sept - Oct 2003

Noodles and pasta are usually our preferred choices for weekend lunch or brunch because weekends are times for the much needed rest and relaxation after five days of slogging in the office. 

I love to cook angel hair pasta because the texture is much thinner, therefore cooking time is much shorter. This brand that I bought just took me two minutes to boil to make them al dente. 

I normally cook it with prawns or seafood but I just wanted a change and cook this with pork slices. 

Ended up looking like a "East meets West " dish.


Ingredients


250g angel hair pasta, cook accordingly to package instructions
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp oyster sauce                          ( original recipe did not use this )
1 tbsp soy sauce                               ( original recipe did not use this )
1 tbsp Kikkoman Shoyu
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp chilly flakes
300g pork, cut into slices                  ( original recipe used prawns )
1 stalk spring onion, chopped
5g wakame seaweed, soaked to soften


Method


1.  Cook angel hair pasta accordingly to instructions on the package. Drain and set aside.
2.  Heat olive oil in pan and saute chopped garlic until fragrant. Add in pork slices and fry for one minute.
3.  Add in all the sauces, wakame seaweed, mirin and chilly flakes.
4.  Toss in the pasta and stir quickly to mix well. Add in the chopped spring onions.
5.  Dish up and serve. 

I am linking this post to Little Thumbs Up

Photobucket

The theme for January 2015 is Noodles and Pasta 
Hosted by  My Bare Cupboard


I am linking this post to Cook-Your-Book #20
Hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours


Cook-Your-Books


4 comments:

  1. Doris , you're right , East meets West indeed and for sure really delicious ! I wouldn't mind a plateful of your hearty noodles right now :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doris,

    Definitely thumb up for your East meets West approach of cooking! Your pasta looks very delicious!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Doris,
    Sorry for my late visits .
    Oh yes, I love your east meet west pasta. I sometimes do that too!
    Yum!
    mui

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...