Cookies : Chocolate Chip Ginger Nuts
Recipe source : Delia Smith
One can never have too many cookies for Chinese New Year. No matter how much you baked the cookies are capable of performing the disappearing act all on its own! Well, you see, nobody will know how the cookie jar becomes empty!
50g cooking chocolate, chopped into little chunks
1 tsp ginger powder
110g self-raising flour
10g cocoa powder
50g butter, cut into cubes
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
40g granulated sugar
20g almond nibs
2 tbsp golden syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
2. Sift self-raising flour, cocoa, ginger powder and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl.
3. Using your fingers, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar, chopped chocolate chunks and almond nibs.
4. Add in golden syrup and mix everything together with your hands.
5. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions and roll each portion to form a ball.
6. Flatten the ball slightly and place on greased baking tray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Cool completely and store into air-tight jars.
I am linking this post to My Treasured Recipes #5 - Chinese New Year Goodies Jan/Feb 2015
Hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well In Flanders
and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House
I am submitting this post to Little Thumbs Up
The theme for February 2015 - Cocoa
Cocoa, host by Life can be simple
and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY
Please mention Cook and Celebrate: CNY 2015 in your post and link back to us, Yen from Eat your heart out, Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe and Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids. - See more at: http://www.bakeforhappykids.com/#sthash.GPYJr7yj.dpufI am also linking this post to Cook and Celebrate CNY : 2015
Orgainsed by Yen of Eat Your Heart Out , Zoe of Bake For happy Kids and
Diana of Domestic Goddess Wannabe