Saturday, 4 July 2015

Grilled Honey Chicken

Grilled Honey Chicken

Recipe source :  The Star Newspaper :  Cook's Nook ( Amy Beh )

Given a choice, I would not choose chicken white meat as I had been "conditioned" to think white meat is tough and coarse, even though the health conscious would most certainly opt for white meat rather than drumsticks which are considered "fatty". However, during one of our office lunches, I asked my friends to order on my behalf as I would be joining them later. When my order arrived, I was served a plate of grilled white meat with an assortment of vegetables and fries. That platter looked very appetising and very soon I forgot all about my misconception about white meat because the chicken was not tough at all and very tasty.

Well, that platter of white meat certainly changed my view! So, when I browsed through my scrap book of recipes and came across this lovely recipe on grilled honey chicken, I wanted to try it out. 

This is great! Everything tastes wonderful!

Ingredients


350g chicken fillet
1 can pineapple rings
2 tomatoes, cut into halves


Marinade


1 1/2 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp French mustard
1 tbsp olive oil


Method


1.  Combine all the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add chicken fillet in the marinade and set aside for several hours in the refrigerator.
2.  Brush a grill pan lightly with oil and grill the marinated chicken for 8 to 9 minutes on each side or until the meat is cooked. ( Alternatively, grill in a preheated oven at 220 degree C for about 10 minutes on each side or until the meat is cooked ).
3.  Grill the pineapple rings and tomatoes halves until just soft. ( I used the left-over marinade to brush the pineapples and tomatoes before grilling ).
4.  Serve the grilled chicken meat with grilled pineapple rings and tomatoes halves. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...