Friday 18 July 2014

Ginseng Roots - How to store them

Ginseng Roots - How to store them



I have had these old ginseng roots which my late mother-in-law had bought. She had stored them in jars and left them on the shelves where it remained for a long time. 

The other day I brought down the jar to check on the roots. They were very hard, in fact too hard for my kitchen knives to slice. I had to asked for assistance from the shop proprietor selling Chinese herbs to help me cut them into slices.He assured me that the quality of the ginseng roots is still good and to use them sparingly i.e. in small doses in soups and stews as the herbal properties of ginseng is very potent. 

Since I have so many pieces of ginseng roots left, I looked up on its herbal properties. The Chinese herbal books said that ginseng retards ageing and strengthens the immune system. It is good for circulation, improves "qi" and have the power to improve the mental capacity of a person.

The herbal books further cautioned that we consume ginseng only in small doses as over consumption of ginseng may bring about side effects like high blood pressure, insomnia, headache and a rise in body temperature.


Top : ginseng root
Bottom left : ginseng slices. 
Bottom right : odd bits and pieces which can be used

How to store ginseng roots


1.  Dry-fry a bowl of rice grains in a clean pan or wok until the grains turned yellowish.
2.  Remove from pan or wok and cool the fried rice grains thoroughly.
3.  Ensure the fried rice grains are totally cooled down.
4.  Place the ginseng roots into a jar and pour in the cooled down rice grains.
5. You need to change the fried rice grains on a yearly basis i.e. pour away the old grains and fry another fresh batch of rice grains to store the ginseng roots.

Note :  


1.  This is an effective way of storing ginseng roots. 
2.  A method handed down by both my late mother and my late mother-in-law. 
3.  Actually, the shop proprietor who sliced the roots for me, taught me the same storage method.



 This is how I stored them : in rice grains which had been pan-fried in a dry wok.


These are the remaining stock which have been in storage for close to 20 years.




6 comments:

  1. Hi, I bought some certified ginseng and I was told I could store them in the refrigerator for an year. I wanted to confirm.... after boiling it with water to make ginseng tea, can I put them in a ziplock bag and store in the refrigerator?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helena,

      Ginseng must be kept dry. If you plan to consume all of the ginseng that you bought in a short period of time, I supposed storing it in the refrigerator should be all right.

      Delete
  2. Wash n dry da roots b4 into jar right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. REAL CURE ON HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS AND HIV some times we just need to give a try to herbal Medicine to see for our self. I am very happy today that i do not listen to what people say if not i would have been a dead woman by now. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2017, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the office thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, HIV, HPV and many more disease and she gave me his email, so i mail him. Doc. Chukwu madu told me all the things I need to do and send me the herbal medicine through courier delivering service and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after 2 weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished and blister dried off . I went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. Dr.Chukwu madu is real and he is the solution to herpes virus. so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him via his personal email. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com (call or whatsapp +2347030936239 according to this great DR he can also cure HIV, ALS,CANCER, COLD SORE, HPV AND DIABETES

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really serious, who will believe that a herb can cure herpes, i never believe that this will work, i have spend a lot getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, it got to a time that i was waiting for death to come because i was broke, one day i hard about this great man called Dr. Kham who is well know for Herpes, HIV and Cancer cure, i decided to email him I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared a herbal medicine (CURE) and sent it through Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office. they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and after receiving it, i took the medicine as prescribed by him at the end of the one week, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i went, surprising, after the test the doctor confirm me Herpes simplex virus negative, i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospital and was also negative, thank you for saving my life, I promise I will always testify of your good works. if you are herpes simplex virus patient, OR you are be helping by someone before i will like to advice you to give this man a try and see what will happen to your life don't worry about the money you have being using contact him and I am sure you, you will get cured, WhatsApp him on +2348159922297 or You can as well contact Dr. Kham via email: {dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com} You can Also Visit his website to know more about him at >https://herbal-dr-kham.jimdosite.com/

    DR. KHAM HIS IS ALSO SPECIALIZED ON CURING THE FOLLOWING DISEASES/VIRUS AS FOLLOW,

    (1) CANCER,

    (2) DIABETES,

    (3) HIV AIDS,

    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,

    (5) FIBROID,

    (6) IMPOTENCE,

    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY,

    (8) PREGNANCY,

    (9) MONEY SPELL,

    (10) HSV 1,

    (11) ASTHMA,

    (12) HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,

    (13) HSV 2,

    (14) EX BACK,

    (15) GOOD LUCK IN BUSINESS,

    (16) SUPER POWERS,

    (17) LOW SPERM COUNT

    contact him with his whatsapp Contact (+2348159922297) or {dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com}

    I can't stop talking about this man called Dr. Kham cause he is God sent to cure humans from different DISEASES with herbal medications, he cured me of HERPES VIRUS, he will also help you

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another testimony on how Chief Dr Lucky cured my HIV disease. Do you need a cure for your HIV disease? Do you want to be cured from your cancer disease? Or you want to be free from any type of disease. Kindly visit https://chiefdrluckyherbaltherapy.wordpress.com/ . He just cured my HIV disease and I’m very grateful to him, he is the only herbalist that can cure you.
    WhatsApp number : +2348132777335
    Via Email : chiefdrlucky@gmail.com
    Thank you all for reading,
    God bless"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...