Pork Adobo With Pineapple
Recipe source : Filipino Style Recipe
I love pineapples and I love pork. So when I saw this pork adobo with pineapples I just had to try it out, especially when the cooking instructions are simple to follow.
500g pork, cut into serving pieces
1 cup pineapple chunks
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup pineapple juice
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, sliced into rings
1 tsp peppercorns
3 pieces bay leaves
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups water
1. Combine pork, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, soy sauce and pineapple juice. Marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Place the pork and spices into a pot. Add 2 cups water and simmer for 30 minutes or until the pork pieces are tender.
3. Pour in vinegar, pineapples and onion rings and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Add salt and sugar to taste.
5. Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl.
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest : Philippines
Hosted by Swee San of The Sweet Spot