Mooncake : Cappuccino Cheese Jelly Mooncake 燕菜咖啡芝士月饼
Recipe source : Adapted from Flavours Magazine
Cappuccino lovers will like this jelly mooncake. The cream cheese filling taste wonderful! However, for those who do not like cappuccino or coffee, they will find the jelly skin slightly bitter. Hubby and my children do not like it so I polished off all four pieces of this jelly mooncake over two days.
Mmmm, I find it very tasty. I love the combination of cream cheese with the cappuccino skin. This is just perfect for me !
Ingredients For Cappuccino Cheese Filling
3 1/2 tbsp water
2/3 cup UHT Milk
1 tsp agar-agar-powder
50g cream cheese, beat with hand whisk or electric beater to soften
1. In a pot, bring the first four ingredients to the boil.
2. Add softened cream cheese and stir continuously with hand whisk to prevent lumps from forming.
3. Turn off heat.
4. Pour into small tart moulds or muffin pans.
5. Leave to cool until set, then chill in refrigerator.
Ingredients For Coffee Jelly Skin
1 3/4 cups water
2 1/2 tsp agar-agar powder
1 1/2 tsp instant coffee ( mixed with 3 1/2 tbsp hot water)
1. Bring the first three ingredients to boil.
2. Turn off heat and add instant coffee mixture.
3. Stir continuously to ensure even mixing.
Assembling the Mooncake
For a step-by-step guide on assembling the jelly mooncake, please visit up my previous posts on Cendol Jelly Mooncake and Mango Jelly Mooncake.
The concept of assembling the jelly mooncake is the same.
I am linking this post to Cook-Your-Books #3
Organized by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours