Home-made Spicy Pork Burgers 咖哩汉堡包
Recipe source : Adapted from Amy Beh's Culinary Conundrums ~ The Star Newspapers
We had these home-made spicy pork burgers for lunch. A nice change from our usual staple which is rice or porridge. Add more curry powder to the seasonings if you prefer a hotter and spicier burger.
SK found these burgers "tolerable" as his food preference has always been Chinese, while YS and I gobbled up the burgers with gusto!
350g minced pork
1 big potato, boiled and mashed
1 big onion, chopped
Mayonnaise ( optional )
Barbecue sauce ( optional )
Chili sauce ( optional )
2 heaped tsp curry powder
3/4 tsp ground black pepper
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/3 tsp pepper
6 burger buns or hot dog buns
Slices of tomatoes
Lettuce leaves, shredded
1. Put minced pork, mashed potato and seasonings together in a large mixing bowl. Add chopped onions and mix to combine well.
2. Shape the mixture into round or oval burgers ( depending ) on your choice of bread to thickness of about 1 cm.
3. Shallow fry the burgers in a flat based saucepan until both sides are cooked.
4. Cut burger buns into halves. Place shredded lettuce on a cut burger bun.
5. Add a piece of pan-fried home-made pork burger on top of the shredded lettuce.
6. Top with slices of tomatoes.
7. Add mayonnaise, barbecue sauce or chili sauce of your choice
8. Place the other half of the burger bun on top.
I am submitting this post to Miss B of Everybody Eats Well In Flanders
The theme for June 2013 is curry powder
This event is linked to Little Thumbs Up