Hot Pot Pork Ribs 番茄咖哩排骨
Recipe source : Adapted from a booklet distributed by Lea & Perrins sauce
This is not the usual hot and spicy curry that we, Malaysians are familiar with. The recipe calls for curry powder and lots of Worcestershire sauce. Both ingredients blended beautifully with the tomatoes and big onions resulting in a piquant stew. The pork ribs were tender and full of flavour.
This dish certainly has my vote. Thumbs Up !!
500g pork ribs
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp cooking oil
3 big onions, quartered
3 big tomatoes. halved
1 carrot, cut into thick chunks
80ml Worcestershire sauce
1000 ml water
1 tsp salt
1. Heat oil in a pot. Saute the big onions until fragrant
2. Add in the pork ribs and stir-fry until the colour turns whitish
3. Pour in the water and add the remaining ingredients and seasonings
4. Bring to the boil, then lower the flame and simmer for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
5. Switch off flame and dish up.
I am submitting this post to Miss B of Everybody Eats Well In Flanders
The theme for June 2013 is curry powder
This event is linked to Little Thumbs Up