Monday 14 October 2013

Miso Soup 日本豆酱汤

Miso Soup 日本豆酱汤

 
Recipe source : Adapted from   Just One Cookbook

Ingredients


1 piece konbu
4 cups water
1 piece soft tofu, cut into small cubes
3 tbsp miso
2 tsp dried wakame







Instructions


1.  Use a damp cloth to wipe clean the konbu. Make a few incisions on the konbu.
2.  Soak konbu in 4 cups of water for 3 hours.
3.  Remove and discard the konbu after soaking. Strain the stock.
4.  Bring the dashi stock to boil. 
5.  Use a ladle and dissolve miso in the ladle before adding into the dashi stock. Make sure the miso is dissolved completely.
6.  Add in tofu cubes. 
7.  Add in soaked wakame.
8.  Ready to serve.


 Miso

 Wakame

Tofu



I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest  #1 Oct 2013 : Japan
I am linking this post to Mich from Piece Of Cake

who is hosting this month's Little Thumbs Up

 Photobucket

The theme for October 2013 is Soy beans

9 comments:

  1. Miso soup is a favourite with my kids, have not cooked this in a long time!
    Slurp....!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce, I used to make this with Chinese fermented beans instead of miso. It's just as good with pork slices for added flavour. Really slurpy!

      Delete
  2. Hi Doris,

    Saw your reply to Joyce's comment. I didn't know that I can substitute miso with fermented beans for a Chinese version of this soup. Great idea!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe, If you are interested you can read up my old post Link: http://choodoris.blogspot.com/2012/12/fermented-bean-paste-pork-soup.html

      Delete
  3. Slurrps! One more bowl please, Doris! Hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, Come on over, you are most welcome!

      Delete
  4. Hi, may I ask which brand of wakame you used ? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate,
      The package indicated "Naruni Food". Hope this helps.

      Delete
  5. I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Oyagu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Oyagu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Oyagu, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Oyagu did it for me, contact him oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2348101755322

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...