Pork & Pineapple Red Curry (Gang Mu Tay Po) 泰国猪肉黄梨咖哩
Recipe source : Adapted from Appon's Thai Food
November is going to be a spicy month for my family! I have bookmarked many more Thai dishes to try out. I believe my family is looking forward to them as well, as we love hot and spicy food.
I have always love pineapples, either eaten fresh as a fruit, or made into sweet desserts or cooked into savoury dishes. One of my friends once commented that having pineapples in a savoury dish, makes the dish "exotic". I tend to agree as I think this pork and pineapple red curry look rather exotic.
It sure looks exotic and tastes scrumptious! What a wonderful dish!
500g pork shoulder, cut into thick pieces
300g pineapples, cut into thick slices
450g snake beans, cut into sections of 4 cm
2 limes, extract the juice
250ml coconut milk
4 pieces kaffir lime leaves
2 tbsp sugar
100g Thai red curry paste
1 tsp soya sauce
Kaffir lime leaves and limes
Pineapple cut into slices
Thai red curry paste
1. Heat wok and fry the Thai red curry paste for 1 minute.
2. Add coconut milk, water and kaffir lime leaves. Bring to a boil.
3. Add pork pieces, pineapple slices and snake beans.
4. Add in the lime juice, sugar and soy sauce.
5. Continue to boil until the meat is tender, about 20 minutes.