Mango & Sticky Rice With Coconut Sauce (Koa-Niew Moon Mamuang)
Recipe source : Appon's Thai Food
Mango and sticky rice with coconut sauce is another one of my favourite Thai desserts. I usually order this mango rice or the red ruby dessert after a meal at Thai restaurants.
Mango rice is very filling, so we normally order only one portion and share it among ourselves. The saltiness from the coconut sauce balances beautifully with the sweet sticky rice. The mangoes were of course excellent!
This is a classic Thai recipe.
100g glutinous rice
2 ripe mangoes
100ml coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp rice flour
1. Soak the glutinous rice in some water (enough water to cover it) for 3-4 hours. This will make the sticky rice easier to cook.
2. Steam the rice for 15 minutes to cook it thoroughly.
3. Put the water and sugar into a pot and bring to the boil. The sugar should dissolve completely.
4. Add the cooked sticky rice into the pot and stir well to mix.
5. In a different sauce pan, put the coconut milk, the rice flour, and salt and cook it on a low heat for 5 minutes or until the coconut milk thickens.
6. Peel the mango and slice the flesh into slices.
7. To serve, put a bed of the sticky rice on a plate, followed by a layer of mango slices, and pour some of the coconut sauce over the top.
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest (Thailand) - November Month
hosted by Lena of Frozen Wings