Apple, Dried Cherry & Almond Loaf (Bill Granger)
Recipe source : Adapted from Bill Granger
This is a healthy breakfast loaf. Lots of fruits and nuts. It is easy to bake. No beating or long proofing required. And very tasty too!
50g rolled oats
240g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
80g dried cherries
45g dried mixed fruits
75g soft brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp honey
1 lightly beaten egg
30g chopped almonds
Mixed dried fruits consisting of dried apples, cherries, raisins and cranberries
Egg and almonds
1. Put oats in a bowl. Pour milk over it and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degree C (Gas mark 4 ).
3. Lightly grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
4. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in rolled oats, together with the milk, dried fruits, sugar, cinnamon, honey, egg and almonds.
5. Pour into the prepared loaf tin. Level with a spoon.
6. Sprinkle some rolled oats on top.
7. Bake loaf for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Fresh from the oven
I am linking this post to "Cook Like A Star"
I am also linking this post to Little Thumbs Up
The theme for November is Oats,
Hosted by Vivian Pang's Kitchen