Peanut & Pork Congee 花生猪肉粥
Recipe source : Doris Choo @ Sumptuous Flavours
Congee is a very good choice for Chinese breakfast. It is easy to prepare and can be very tasty if boiled to perfection, even with very simple ingredients.
This is one of our family's favourites.
150g peanuts, soaked overnight
200g rice, washed and soaked in water and freeze it overnight. See preparation for rice
100g dried scallops
400g pork, cut into slices
3 century eggs, cut into quarters
2 litres water
2 tsp salt, or to taste
dash of pepper
1. Boil soaked peanuts with 2 litres of water for 45 minutes or until slightly softened.
2. Add in frozen rice and dried scallops. Continue to boil until the rice grains have broken and turn to congee.
3. Add pork slices and boil for a further 2 minutes over high heat.
4. Add in century eggs and salt to taste.
5. Mix well.
6. Serve in individual bowls with a dash of pepper and sesame oil.