Pan Fried Tofu With Spicy Sauce 두부부침양념장
Recipe source : Maangchi Kim
The sauce is excellent! It complimented the bland tofu very well. The plus point is that it is so simple to prepare this dish yet it is surprisingly so tasty. I should have made more!
I am definitely cooking this again for simple every day meals.
1 piece soft tofu, cut into slices
Oil for frying tofu
1 clove garlic, minced
1 stalk spring onion, chopped
1 tsp hot chilli flakes
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
Some chopped spring onion
Some sesame seeds, toasted
1. Slice soft tofu into smaller rectangles, about 1 cm thick. Use paper towels to absorb the moisture from the tofu pieces.
2. Heat wok until hot and add cooking oil.
3. Fry the tofu pieces on both sides until golden brown. Remove the tofu pieces onto a serving dish.
4. Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Mix evenly.
5. Pour the sauce ingredients over the fried tofu pieces.
6. Sprinkle chopped spring onion and toasted sesame seeds on top.
7. Serve with steaming hot rice.
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest : Korea
Hosted by Sharon of Feats of Feast