Orange Marbled Chiffon
Recipe source : Amy Beh
This marbled chiffon cake is light and fluffy.
I like the citrus orange flavour combined with cocoa powder. It is very soft and nice.
5 large eggs, separated
135g castor sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt
65g corn oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tbsp passion fruit pulp ( I used orange pulp)
Grated rind of 1 orange
95g self-raising flour ) sifted together
20g cornflour ) twice
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder )
1 1/2 tbsp water ) Mix into a paste
1. Place egg whites with half of the castor sugar and cream of tartar and whisk until stiff and hold its shape.
2. Whisk egg yolks, remaining sugar, salt, orange juice, vanilla essence and corn oil until light and thick.
3. Add sifted flour and continue to whisk until well combined and smooth.
4. Gently fold egg white mixture in 3 -4 batches into the egg yolk mixture.
5. When evenly blended scoop out one ladle-full of batter and add cocoa paste and mix until well blended.
6. To the remaining chiffon mixture, add orange rind and pulp. Fold into mixture.
7. Pour half of orange batter into an un-greased 22 cm spring form chiffon tube pan.
8. Spoon half of cocoa batter over the orange batter. Top with remaining orange batter.
9. Add the remaining cocoa batter. Use a satay skewer to swirl the cocoa batter to form a marble design.
10. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 degree C for 25 minutes or until done.
11. Invert pan and allow cake to cool completely before easing it away from the sides of the pan with palette knife.
Oops, the top got slightly burnt!
But still the marble design was pretty