Stir-Fried Chinese Cabbage
|Full of goodness|
Ingredients400g Chinese cabbage
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp of lye water/kan sooi
Sauce Ingredients3tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp salt, or to taste
2 tsp sugar
Mix the above ingredients into 1 rice bowl of water
Cornflour SolutionMix 1 tsp cornflour with 1 Chinese soup spoon of water into a rice bowl
Slice 1 shallot and fry the slices in 4 tbsp of cooking oil until fragrant and slightly brownish. Use only 1 tbsp of the fried shallot oil for this soup. You can keep the balance in the fridge for future use.
|Raw Chinese cabbage|
1. Cut the Chinese cabbage into 4 quarters
2. Then cut each quarter into sections of 4 cm
3. Wash the cut Chinese cabbage thoroughly in water
4 Drain away the water
5. Fill a pot with 1 litre of water add in 1 teaspoon of lye water/kan sooi and bring the water to boil then add in the Chinese cabbage and let it boil till reasonably soft (Taking care not to let it become too soft). Drain away the water and wash it one more time. Set aside.
6. Heat a wok until hot, add 2 tbsp of cooking oil
7. Add 1 tbsp of minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
8. Then immediately add in the softened Chinese cabbage
9. Add in the sauce ingredients and let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes, if the water is insufficient you can add in slightly more water.
10. Lastly, add the cornflour solution.
11. Stir evenly to mix well and then dish up
12. Add in 1 tbsp of shallot oil on top for added flavour (optional)
|The Cantonese refer to the Chinese cabbage as "Wong Ngah Pak"|
Post a Comment