Clay-Pot Stuffed Chicken Wings 翅膀蘑菇煲
Recipe Source : Chopsticks Recipes Cookbook - Chinese Casseroles
It was rather difficult for SK and I to get back to our normal routine after our long vacation. I felt lazy and lethargic and kept procrastinating and postponing tasks that needed to be done. Well, enough is enough. We just need to psyche ourselves and get on with the work.
SK is more disciplined. He managed to get out of the rut by cooking this clay-pot stuffed chicken wings.
1/4 carrot ( cut into strips )
1 stalk Chinese celery ( use the stems )
1 can of button mushrooms
3 slices ginger
1 shallot ( minced )
2 pips garlic ( minced )
2 tbsp ginger juice } this is for
2 tbsp shao hsing wine ) blanching the chicken wings
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp light soy sauce
1/3 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp cornflour
Dissolve the above seasoning ingredients in 1 Chinese rice bowl of chicken stock
2. Discard the water and rinse the blanched chicken wings under a running tap.
3. Chop off both ends of the chicken wings and retain the middle sections.
4. Remove the two bones from the chicken wings and stuff the carrot strips and the Chinese celery stems into the holes.
5. Wash the button mushrooms and set aside.
6. Heat a clay-pot and bring 2 tbsp of oil to the boil.
7. Saute ginger, shallot and garlic until fragrant.
8. Add the button mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
9. Add the bowl of chicken stock with the dissolved seasonings and the stuffed chicken wings.
10. Bring the stock to the boil, cover with the lid and let simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
11. Switch off the flame.
12. Serve hot
The blanched and stuffed middle sections of the chicken wings before cooking
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #28 : Chicken Feast (February 2013)
hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker