Clay-Pot Chicken Drumstick With Shitake & Button Mushrooms 雙菇鸡腿煲
Recipe Source : Chopsticks Recipes Cookbook - Chinese Casserole
1 tin button mushroom
3 chicken thighs
2 pips of garlic
1tbsp shao shing wine
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp cornflour
1/2 tsp salt
Dissolve the seasonings in 1 Chinese rice bowl of chicken stock
2.Soak button mushroom in water and set aside. Discard water prior to using.
3. Chop chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces. Marinate with 2 tbsp ginger juice, 1 tbsp shao shing wine, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp cornflour, 1 tsp sesame oil and 1/2 tsp pepper for 30 minutes.
4. Parboil the chicken pieces in oil, drain and set aside.
5. Heat clay-pot and add 2 tbsp of oil and saute garlic, shallot and ginger till aromatic.
6. Reduce fire to medium and add in the chicken pieces and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
7. Add in the bowl of chicken stock with the dissolved seasonings.
8. Add in the shitake and button mushrooms and stir thoroughly and cover the clay-pot with the lid and let it cook for 5 minutes. After that, remove the lid and stir the contents to prevent the chicken and mushrooms from sticking to the bottom of the clay-pot. Then let it cook for a further 5 minutes.
9. Serve hot.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #28: Chicken Feast (February) 2013
hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker