Stir-Fried Sea Asparagus With Chinese Cabbage 白菜炒鲍笋
A simple and very tasty dish
150g Chinese cabbage, wong ngah pak in Cantonese
1 Chinese rice bowl of water
2 tbsp cooking oil
5 thin slices of ginger
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp abalone sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp shao hsing wine
1 tsp cornflour
1/2 Chinese rice bowl of water
Mix all the sauce ingredients together until all the ingredients are dissolved in the water
I used this brand of canned sea asparagus
Chinese cabbage or wong ngah pak in Cantonese
1. Heat a wok until hot, add the ginger slices and minced garlic. Saute until light brown and fragrant.
2. Add in the Chinese cabbage and stir-fry until soft.
3. Add in 1 Chinese rice bowl of water. Cover the wok with a lid and let the cabbage cook for 4 minutes.
4. Remove the lid. Add in the sea asparagus and the sauce ingredients.
5. Stir to mix all the ingredients together.
6. Switch off the flame and dish up
7. Serve while still hot.
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover