Bird's Nest Soup With American Ginseng, Lotus Seeds & Lily Bulbs 燕窝炖花旗参
Bird's nest is a delicacy which is highly priced. It helps to strengthen the lungs and regenerate skin cells. It is believed to be good for the complexion. When stewed or double-boiled with other Chinese herbs, bird's nest make a very delicious and nutritious herbal brew or tonic.
3 pieces bird's nest
12 slices American ginseng
6 red dates, seeded
60g cane rock sugar
9 pieces lotus seeds
9 pieces lily bulbs
1. Remove dirt from bird's nest and soak until soft. Rinse and place bird's nest into 3 porcelain jars or containers with lids.
2. Place lotus seeds into a bowl and pour boiling water to soak the lotus seeds for a while. Remove the core.
3. Divide all the ingredients into 3 portions.
4. Put in the American ginseng, red dates, lotus seeds, lily bulbs, cane rock sugar and water into the 3 jars.
5. Cover the lids and double boil for 3 hours.
The bird's nest before soaking
Cane rock sugar
Nourishing herbal brew