Orange Oatmeal Cake 香橙麦片蛋糕
Recipe source : Coco Kong, featured in Y3K Magazine
The aroma of baking this cake penetrated the whole house and drifted out to the porch where SK was washing his car. The rich aroma led SK into the kitchen to ask "what's baking in the oven ?" A wonderful recipe - simple ingredients, easy to follow instructions and tastes great !
160g castor sugar
4 whole eggs
orange peel, grated from 1 whole orange
3 tbsp fresh orange juice, extracted from 1 orange
150g self-raising flour
100g Quaker oats
Loaf pan : 9 inches x 3 inches
1. Preheat top and bottom heat of oven to 180 degree Celsius
2. Cream butter and sugar together until white and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs, one-by-one, beat well after each addition.
4. Add in orange peel, orange juice and self-raising flour.
5. Add in the Quaker oats. Mix together evenly.
6. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
7. Bake at 180 degree C for about 40 minutes.