Sweet Red Bean Paste Bread 豆沙饼
Recipe source : Video from Aeri's Kitchen
I made a large batch of red bean paste and I needed to find some recipes which use red bean paste as fillings. I found this step-by-step video on making sweet red bean paste bread at Aeri's Kitchen.
This sweet bread is tasty. My family loves it.
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups red bean paste
2/3 cup lukewarm water
2/3 cup lukewarm milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tsp dry yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
some melted butter for brushing
some black sesame seeds for garnishing
1. Pour the flour into the bowl of a cake mixer.
2. Make three holes in the flour and pour in the salt, sugar and yeast into one hole for each ingredient
3. Cover up with the flour and pour in the lukewarm water and lukewarm milk.
4. Use the dough hook and mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
5. Add in the melted butter and mix until a smooth dough is formed.
6. Cover the dough with cling film and set aside to rise until double in size, about 45 minutes to one hour.
7. Divide the dough into 12 pieces. Divide the bean paste into 12 balls.
8. Roll out one piece of dough into a round circle and wrap it around one ball of bean paste.
9. Press down to form a flat round pancake.
10. Using a knife or a pair of scissors, make 8 cuts round the pancake ( see picture below )
11. Place some sesame seeds onto the centre of the pancake and place it on a greased baking tray. ( See picture below ).
12. Repeat until all the 12 pieces are completed.
13. Set aside to allow them to rise for about 15 minutes.
14. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C for 20 minutes.
15. Brush with melted butter while the bread is still very hot.
Cut 8 slits round the flatten round dough.
Put some black sesame seeds onto the centre