Bread : Pig In The Blanket 香肠面包卷
Recipe source : Adapted from My Kitchen Snippets
I followed the step-by-step guide from My Kitchen Snippets to make this bread with an unusual name, called "Pig In The Blanket". My son, YS referred to this bread simply as the "hot dog bun". Thus I was searching the web for a recipe on hot dog bun but to no avail until I came across My Kitchen Snippets' Pig In The Blanket which showed detailed step-by-step instruction on making this bread.
YS was over the moon when the first tray of oven-fresh "Pig In The Blanket" was brought out from the oven. This is his favourite bread.
300g high protein flour
2 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
220g of 1 egg + milk
1 packet of Frankfurters
Egg Wash For Glazing The Bread
2 tsp water
Beat well together
1. Place flour, salt, yeast and sugar into the mixing bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook.
2. Slowly drizzle in the egg and milk mixture on medium speed until the dough comes together and forms a nice ball of dough. Continue to mix for 10 minutes at medium speed.
3. Add in the butter and continue to mix until the dough comes together again.
4. Let the dough rise in a warm place until double in size.
5. Take the dough out of the bowl and punch down and divide the dough into 10 pieces.
6. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and set aside for 10 minutes.
7. Roll out each ball of dough into a long cylindrical rope and wrap this length of rope-like dough round a piece of Frankfurter.
8. Repeat the process until all the dough and Frankfurters are used up.
9. Place the pieces of wrapped-up dough onto a greased baking tray and let them rise until almost double in size.
10. Brush with egg wash and bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C for about 15 minutes or until the bread are golden brown.
Note : You can refer to ( 'My Kitchen Snippets') post for pictures on the step-by-step guide
Yum, Yum !!