Cherry Cheesecake (Nigella Lawson) 黑樱桃芝士蛋糕
Recipe source : Nigella Lawson
Nigella's cherry cheesecake tastes terrific! The only downside is, it is so rich and fattening. The recipe calls for a 20cm spring form tin. I do not have a 20cm tin so I used a 23cm tin instead. That's why my cheesecake is much flatter.
125g crumbled digestive biscuits
75g soft butter
300g cream cheese
60g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract ( I did not use this )
1/2 tsp lemon juice
250ml double cream
1 jar black cherry spread
1. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until beginning to turn to crumbs, then add butter and whizz again.
2. Press the mixture into a 20cm spring form tin.
3. Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
4. Slightly whip the double cream and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
5. Spoon the cheese filling onto the biscuit base and smooth with a spatula.
6. Put it in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
7. When you are ready to serve the cheesecake, unmould it and spread the black cherry over the top.
This post is linked to Cook Like A Star 'Nigella Lawson' organised by Anuja from Simple Baking, Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Joyce from Kitchen Flavours.