Coconut Candy ( 2 ) 椰子糖 (2)
An addictive sweet confection
My previous post on coconut candy ( 1 ) uses evaporated milk. Today's recipe uses condensed milk instead. Candy (1) does not required to be pressed down to compact it after cooking while today's candy ( 2 ) requires pressing down on the cooked candy to compress the fluffy coconut mixture. Both are sweet and addictive. Once I started eating one piece, I tend to want another, then another!
Ingredients2 1/2 cups of fully packed fresh grated coconut
1 tin condensed milk
1 cup sugar
2 pandan leaves ( screw-pine )
1 piece banana leaf
colouring ( is optional )
1 tbsp butter
1. In a clean wok use low fire to dry fry the grated coconut with the pandan leaves for about 5 minutes.
2. Add in the sugar and fry until the sugar has melted ( no more grainy texture ).
3. Add in condensed milk and colouring ( if you are using colouring ),
4. Continue to stir and fry until almost dry.
5. Lastly, add in the butter and mix thoroughly.
6. Scoop up the coconut mixture into a greased tray.
7. Use the banana leaf to press down on the coconut mixture to compact it.
8. Leave to cool down completely before cutting into small squares or rectangles.
Use the banana leaf to press down on the cooked coconut mixture until it is compact