Steamed Minced Pork With 3 Types of Eggs 三蛋蒸肉碎
of the ladies was teaching her two friends how to make this steamed minced pork with three different types of eggs. No precise weights and measurements were mentioned. However, she described in detailed how to go about preparing this dish. I overheard the whole conversation!
After paying for the oranges, I happily walked down a few more stalls to buy a small packet of minced pork. I already have century eggs and salted eggs in my pantry. Fresh eggs is a staple which I frequently replenish in my fridge. So I have all the ingredients to try out this dish which sounded interesting. Three types of eggs all in one dish!.
I jotted down the weights and measurements of each ingredient used. I am sharing the result of my effort here. It was very simple to do and it's tasty.
350g minced pork
1 century egg, cut into cubes
1 salted egg, cut the egg yolk into cubes
6 tbsp water
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soya sauce
dash of pepper
some chopped spring onion for garnishing
1. In a large bowl, mix the minced pork with the three different types of eggs.
2. Add in salt, soya sauce, pepper, sesame oil and water
3. Mix well to ensure even distribution.
4. Place into a steamer and steam for about 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Remove from steamer and garnish with chopped spring onion.
Left : century egg. Middle : salted egg. Right : fresh eggs
Century egg cut into cubes
Salted egg with the egg yolk cut into cubes