Spaghetti Squash Cup 鱼翅瓜盅
Recipe Source : Adapted from an advertisement by "Thermos" published in Lisa magazine
1.5 kg spaghetti squash ( shark fin melon )
50g fresh lotus seed or gingko nut
150g pork, cut into small cubes
50g scallops, soaked until soft and shredded
2 dried mushrooms, soaked until soft and cut into small cubes
500ml chicken stock
1 tsp rock sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Spaghetti squash or shark fin melon
Cut off the top and scoop out the flesh to make a squash cup
Shelled gingko nuts
1. Cut off the top of the spaghetti squash and scoop out the flesh to make a cup. See picture above.
2. Cut off a very thin slice at the bottom of the spaghetti squash to enable it to stand firmly.
3. Stand the spaghetti squash in a bowl.
4. Place all the ingredients, except the salt into the spaghetti squash.
5. Place the bowl with the spaghetti squash into a steamer and steam for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
6. Remove the spaghetti squash from the steamer.
7. Remove the "lid" ( the top of the squash ) and add in the salt. Use a pair of chopsticks to gently stir the mixture to ensure the salt is evenly mixed.
8. Scoop out the steaming soup into individual bowls or into a large soup bowl to serve.
Note to share :
- This soup is fabulous. Very tasty.
- Both SK and YS commented that this soup could have been better had we used lotus seed instead of gingko nut.
The steamed spaghetti squash
The squash cup with the very tasty soup inside