Pulut Inti (Glutinous rice topped with sweetened grated coconut) 糯米椰渣糕
A sweet delicacy
Hawkers sell them wrapped up like nasi lemak packets
Some banana leaves
Depending on your preference, you will need more leaves if you wish to wrap them up hawker style.
Dip banana leaves into boiling water for 5 minutes, drain and set aside. Wipe dry before use.
Ingredients For the Glutinous Rice
2 cups glutinous rice, wash and drain
2 cups coconut milk or santan
1 tsp salt
A few drops of pandan (screwpine) juice or green colouring
1. Mix glutinous rice, coconut milk and salt into a container with a lid and place it in a steamer to steam for 45 minutes.
2. Remove and fluff up the glutinous rice to allow the grains to swell to a soft texture
3. Divide the glutinous rice into two portions, mix green colouring into one portion of the steamed glutinous rice and leave the other portion as it is.
4. Cover the container and continue to steam for a further 10 minutes
5. Allow to cool
Ingredients For the Inti (Filling)
2 cups grated coconut
1 cup shaved gula Melaka or palm sugar
1/2 cup of water
Mix everything together and cook in a saucepan over a slow flame. Stir constantly to prevent burning until mixture thickens and becomes jam-like. Remove from flame and allow to cool before use.
Gula Melaka or palm sugar
1. Once the glutinous rice and the inti (filling) have cooled down, you can start assembling them.
2. Cut the banana leaves into round circles.
3. Oil your fingers and form small balls from the white portion of the glutinous rice and place them in the centre of the round banana leaves.
4. Keep your fingers well oiled, surround the small white balls of glutinous rice with green glutinous rice.
5. Put a spoonful of the inti (filling) on top of the white glutinous balls.
3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.ReplyDelete
This means that you actually burn fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).
These 3 researches from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!