Layered Jelly 九层燕菜糕
Old-fashioned layered jelly
Looks more appetising with garnishing
200 ml evaporated milk
2 screwpine leaves, knotted
A pinch of salt
1/2 tbsp custard powder
1250 ml water
A little red food colouring
2. Put the agar-agar strips and knotted screwpine leaves into a medium-sized pot and add in 1250 ml of water
3. Boil until the agar-agar until it dissolves. Strain the boiled mixture
4. Add in sugar, evaporated milk, salt and custard powder. Mix evenly
5. Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions.
6. Add a few drops of red colouring to one portion
7. Wet the jelly mould first.
8. Add the red portion to the base about 1 cm thick. Allow to set.
9. Once the red layer has set, add on the white layer on top of the red layer
10. Alternate the red and white layers until all the agar-agar mixture is used up
11. Allow to set and refrigerate to chill.
Yummy, yummy !
Post a Comment