3 bowls of guillinggao
Guilinggao ( Kwai leng ko in Cantonese) is a traditional Chinese herbal jelly. It is believed to have a cooling effect on the body and is a very popular snack enjoyed by the Chinese.
One packet of guilinggao
One small sachet of guilinggao
1. Use 5 sachets and 1000ml of water to prepare 6 Chinese rice bowls of guilinggao.
2. Dissolve all the 5 sachets of guilinggao powder with a little cold water in a mixing bowl to form a paste.
3. Then mix the paste into 1000ml of hot water. Stir to dissolve the paste into the water.
4. Sieve the solution into 6 Chinese rice bowls. They will cool and hardened into a jelly-like substance.
5. Chill them in the refrigerator and add 1 Chinese soup spoon of honey to the guilinggao before consuming.
Note: Honey is widely believed to be good for the complexion.
Use 1 Chinese soup spoon of honey to go with it
Ready to be gulped down with relish