Braised Pork Ribs & Pork Belly 香甜排骨
2 sticks pork ribs , cut into bite-sized pieces
300g pork belly, remove skin. Do not cut into smaller pieces yet.
2 tsp pepper
3 tbsp minced garlic
1 star anise
700 ml water
2 tbsp cooking oil
70g rock sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp shao hsing wine
2 tbsp dark sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
Mix everything together in a bowl
1 tbsp water
1 1/2 tsp cornflour
1. Parboil ribs and pork belly in boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove and drain dry
2. Use enough oil to deep-fry the pork ribs and pork belly till light brown. See picture provided below.
3. In a wok, use 2 tbsp oil to saute garlic, star anise and pepper till garlic turned light brown and fragrant
4. Add in water, seasoning, ribs and belly. Bring it to a boil
5. Braise for 30 minutes in medium heat or till almost dry and the liquid turned dark brown and bubbly
6. Add in the cornflour solution. It will turn very dark and sticky.
7. Let it simmer for 1 minute.
8. Switch off the flame. Dish up and cut the pork belly into bite-sized pieces.
9. Pour the sticky sauce over the ribs and cut pork belly slices.
The pork ribs and pork belly after undergoing deep-frying
Sweet and fragrant ribs and pork belly
Post a Comment