Stir-Fried Glass Noodles ( Tang Hoon ) 炒粉丝
100g glass noodles ( soak for 20 minutes until soft. Drain and set aside )
150g pork slices
100g shrimps ( after shelling and with the veins removed )
15g Chinese celery ( cut into sections )
20g spring onion ( cut into sections )
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp shao hsing wine
1 tsp cornflour
Add wine to the pork slices in a bowl. Mix well. Then add cornflour and mix thoroughly. Set aside for later use.
1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Chinese rice bowl water
Dissolve all the sauce ingredients in a large bowl
Chinese celery and spring onions
Soaked glass noodles
Marinated pork slices and shrimps
1. Heat 2 tbsp cooking oil in a wok and saute minced garlic till fragrant.
2. Add in the sauce ingredients and bring to a boil over medium fire
3. Add in the pork slices and cook for 3 minutes. Then add in the shrimps to cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
4. Add the glass noodles and use a pair of long bamboo chopsticks to stir until almost dry.
5. Add the Chinese celery and spring onions and keep stirring for 1 to 2 minutes
6. Dish up and serve immediately