Mixed vegetable pancake
This pancake is my youngest son's favourite. It has been a long time since I last made this. In fact I had almost forgotten about this pancake until my youngest son reminded me to make it for him for breakfast. So here it is.
4 mushrooms, soaked and chopped
80g carrots, diced
1 stalk Chinese celery, chopped
160g glutinous rice flour
50g rice flour
30g tapioca flour
450 ml water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp soy sauce
3 tbsp cooking oil
Top left : Chopped Chinese celery. Top right : dried shrimps
Bottom left : chopped carrots. Bottom right : chopped mushroom
2. Add in the seasoning ingredients and stir to mix everything together evenly.
3. Heat a small frying pan and ladle 2 to 3 spoonfuls of batter into the heated frying pan. Make sure the whole base of the frying pan is coated with the batter.
4. Once the edges starts to curl, flip over to fry the other side until both sides of the pancake are golden brown
5. Repeat the process until all the batter is used up
6. Serve the pancakes with chili sauce