Sago Pudding 西米布丁
Sweet and fragrant
Ingredients( serves 2 person )
6 tbsp pearl sago
1 litre water
1/2 cup thick santan (coconut milk) add a sprinkle of salt into the santan
Ingredients For Syrup
150 ml water
Put all the ingredients for the syrup into a small pot and cook until they dissolve. Let it cool down and chill the syrup in the refrigerator.
2. Wash sago and soak for 10 to 15 minutes or until sago is soft and swollen. Drain well.
3. Put soaked sago into the boiling water. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the sago become soft and transparent. Remove from heat and pour into a strainer to drain off the water.
4. Pour cold water through the sago in the strainer to wash away excess starch.
5. Spoon sago into 2 small dessert bowls or 2 cone-shaped moulds. Press gently till compact. Chill in the fridge.
6. To serve, turn the chilled sago pudding into ice-cream glasses or small shallow bowls. Pour 2 to 3 tbsp of palm sugar syrup into the sago pudding. Add 2 to 3 tbsp of the santan to the sago pudding
7. Serve as a cold dessert