Arrow Head Chips 炸薯菇片
Looks like potato chips but much tastier
2 kg arrow head
1 litre cooking oil
1/2 tsp salt
Raw arrow heads
Use a grater to slice the arrow heads
Arrow head slices before frying
1. Remove the skin of the arrow heads. Wash and drain dry.
2. Use a grater to slice the arrow heads into thin slices.
3. Heat the cooking oil in a wok.Add salt into the oil.
4. Once the oil is hot, reduce to medium fire and deep-fry the arrow head slices one by one. Do not do it in batches as the arrow head slices will stick together making it difficult to deep-fry them until crispy.
5. Fry until the arrow head slices turn golden brown. Use a long pair of bamboo chopsticks to pick up the arrow head slices and place them on a large flat plate lined with kitchen towels to absorb the excess oil.
6. Let cool completely before storing them in air-tight containers.