Clay-Pot Chicken and Salted Fish Rice 瓦煲咸鱼鸡饭
350g chicken drumstick
50g salted fish
1 tbsp chopped spring onion
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
a dash of pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
Marinate salted fish
Wash the salted fish and cut it into smaller pieces. Marinate with 2 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp minced ginger and 1 tsp sugar for 20 minutes
Marinate chicken drumsticks
Remove the bones from the drumsticks and cut into smaller pieces. Marinate with 1 tbsp shallot juice,1 tbsp ginger juice,1 tbsp Hsao Hsing wine, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp soy sauce, a dash of pepper and 1 tsp sesame oil for 15 minutes.
1. Wash rice, drain and set aside. Add 1 tsp salt, 2 tbsp oil and mix well.
2. Place the rice in a clay-pot and add 500ml of water and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle salted fish on top and cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Add chicken into the boiling rice and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Switch off the fire and let it be for another 10 minutes or until the surface of the cooked rice is no longer watery.
6. Stir in the seasonings and garnish with chopped spring onion.
Note: Always use low fire when using a clay-pot to cook as it burns easily.