Cookies : Cashew Nut Cookie 腰豆曲奇
Cashew nut cookies to celebrate Chinese New Year
Recipes Source : Booklet distributed by B & P Butterfly Cornflour
The Chinese New Year for 2013 falls on the10th of February 2013. Chinese households celebrating the Lunar Chinese New Year are now busy spring cleaning and decorating their homes in readiness to usher in the year of the snake. It's less than a month away so it's about time for me to start baking cookies, to buy more goodies to celebrate the Lunar Chinese New Year as well as to plan what to cook for the reunion dinner.
These cashew nut cookies are crunchy with nutty fragrance from the cashew nuts. The moment I I started to eat one piece I tend to want another, and then another....it's kind of addictive munching on them.
I am happy to share the recipe.
370g flour } to be sieved
100g cornflour } together
225g castor sugar
50g cashew nuts, coarsely pounded
200g cashew nut for decorating, split the cashew nuts into 2 halves
1 tsp baking powder
1 beaten egg for glazing
Raw cashew nuts
1. Preheat oven at 175 degrees C.
2. Cream butter and castor sugar together until creamy.
3. Add egg and the 50g of pounded cashew nuts.
4. Fold in the two types of flour and baking powder. Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface and knead with hands until smooth.
5. Roll out dough into 1/2 cm thickness and cut with cookie cutter into the desired shape.
6. Put on greased baking tray. Decorate with cashew nuts.
7. Brush with egg glaze.
8. Place into preheated oven and bake at 175 degrees C for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover