Cookies : Sesame Biscuits 芝麻饼
Recipe source : Adapted from booklet distributed by B & P Butterfly Cornflour
Cookies! the more the merrier for the Chinese New Year! When friends and relatives gather together for the reunion or our very own Malaysian culture of "open houses", cookie jars got emptied out very fast, as do peanuts, crackers, soft drinks and beer. Chinese families are now frantically filling up their cookie jars in anticipation of the annual festivities to begin.
Here's a recipe for sesame biscuits to share with you.
3/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
3/4 cup sesame seeds
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten for glazing
sesame seeds for decoration ( about 10 to 15g )
2. Add castor sugar, sesame seeds and beaten eggs.
3. Pour melted ghee over the flour mixture and mix to knead well.
4. Roll out dough to 3 mm thickness and cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
5. Place cookies onto greased baking tray.
6. Brush top of cookies with beaten egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 190 degrees C for 15 minutes.
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover