Chicken In Tin Foil
Recipe source : Adapted from Hong Kong Cookbook
I made some adaptions to the original recipe from the cookbook. I omitted ham and added mushrooms slices and wolfberries. I steamed the chicken packages over boiling water instead of baking the chicken packages in a pre-heated oven.
When the packages were opened, the aroma that wafted out was heavenly. Ginger, wine and spring onions always combine well together.
Bon Appetit !
3 large chicken drumsticks ( whole thighs )
20g young ginger, thinly shredded
3 pieces of dried mushrooms ( soak until soft and cut into thin slices )
2 stalks spring onions, cut into sections of 5 cm
1 tsp wolfberry, wash and soak in 4 tbsp warm water
3 pieces of tin foil, 45 cm x 45 cm
Marinade3 tbsp cooking wine
2 tbsp soy sauce
a pinch of salt
a pinch of five-spice powder
1/4 tsp pepper
Mix the marinade ingredients together and make sure it is well blended
Marinated chicken drumsticks
Spring onions cut into sections
Shredded young ginger
wolfberries soaked in warm water
1. Marinade the chicken pieces for 15 minutes.
2. Place one piece of chicken drumstick onto a piece of tinfoil and add in the ginger shreds, spring onions, mushroom slices.
3. Add one tbsp of wolfberries plus the water they were soaked in
4. Next, add in 2 to 3 tbsp of the marinade onto the chicken.
5. Fold the edges together to form a parcel.
6. Place the parcels onto a large steaming tray.
7. Steam the parcels over boiling water for about 30 minutes
Step-by-step pictures which are self-explanatory :
I am linking this post to Chef and Sommelier
The ingredient for July 2013 is ginger
This event is linked to Little Thumbs Up